Salicylic acid originates from willow bark and has been used for over 2000 years to treat many maladies, including skin problems. Salicylic acid:
- penetrates clogged pores and blackheads.
- breaks plugs of cells and gook apart.
It works even better when combined with other tough acne-fighting ingredients such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Glycolic Acid, and Retinoids.
When you use Salicylic Acid, it can also make your skin appear smoother. Those who suffer from acne have really put SA to the test. I even used it as a teen. It is available in many acne products in drug stores. To deeply combat blackheads and clogged pores, ask your skin care specialist to use SA in your face peels.
I’ve used SA in my dermatology practice for years. It works best when added in cleansers and treatment pads. As always, sun protection is important during acne treatment to prevent hyper-pigmentation.
Get fast results when you use the complete skin care routine that includes dermatologist-approved products to fight acne. The routine is actually more effective than most prescriptions because of the bacterial resistance activated.
Morning Skin Care:
Cleanse and Correct
- Wash with the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser to deeply cleanse pores and break up blackheads.
- Add another layer of Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid with Acne Treatment Pads. Follow with Benzoyl Peroxide to kill acne-causing bacteria.
- Use a balanced and oil-free moisturizer like the Daily Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin.
Night Skin Care:
Repeat the Cleanse, Correct, and Hydrate steps from your daytime routine.
Correct with Retinol Night Cream, the non-prescription cousin to Retin-A which helps fight acne and hyper-pigmentation.
Hydrate with the Daily Face Cream.
Salicylic Acid is a great and powerful ingredient that penetrates and cleanses pores. To read more about it, visit this page.