Tips to Avoid a Scruffy Beard
For men, well-groomed facial hair is very fashionable right now. Fellas, a beard oil is a keen grooming trick to keep your beard soft and luxuriant, not scruffy.
A good beard oil contains ingredients that:
- Condition hair to a healthy and soft sheen;
- Calm facial skin irritation; and
- Reduce skin flaking that can mar a beards appearance.
When and how do you apply a beard oil?
Apply a beard oil right after washing your face.
- Add a few drops to your palms or fingers, and rub your hands together.
- Working upwards, stroke and massage the oil into your skin under the hair.
- Finish by stroking in a downward direction to coat your beard hairs, and lay them back into their natural direction for a neat appearance.
For longer beards, use a beard comb or brush for a final grooming. This will help to distribute oil to every hair.
Both your skin and the entire surface of each hair shaft will be conditioned and vibrant.
A little beard oil goes a long way so just use a drop or two spread vigorously.
The key trick here is to add the beard oil after you wash your face and towel it dry. The moisture in, and on, your skin and hair will help carry the oil in just the right amount – not too much and not too little. And, it will help trap water in your skin and hair to maintain healthy hydration.