Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40
My favorite every day sunscreen! I wear it every day on my face, neck and chest! It gives a great matte finish that's SPF 40 and water resistant for up to 80 minutes. Citrix has 7% micro sized zinc oxide and other sunscreen ingredients in an oil free base. It's invisible on the skin and shouldn't aggravate acne or sting the eyes. Perfect for applying over your other skin care products and/or under makeup.
As a dermatologist I am constantly trying new sunscreens and Citrix is the best sunscreen I've found and the one I choose to use every day on my skin.
6 Review(s) (5.0/5)
Availability: In stock
Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40 layers on the skin nicely with other skin care products and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. I have used it every day for years and have never found a better product for my skin.
Sun protection is essential for reducing your risk of skin cancer. Dermatologists and skin professionals also agree that sun protection is a critical step in any effective anti aging skin care program:
- Without sun protection, it's impossible to accomplish any meaningful skin lightening of age spots or melasma, it's also impossible to stop wrinkles.
- Add to that the fact that anyone exfoliating their skin to improve its appearance is more at risk for sun damage and MUST wear a sun screen.
- The final motivation is the appearance of tanned skin after our teens and early adult hood. It just starts to look rough and leather-like.
Basically, just about everyone needs sunscreen, every day. Most of us don't want to hear that and so I've searched long and hard for a product that my patients like and are happy to use, and for the face, Citrix is it!
- Citrix won't clog pores for most people so it works well for acne-prone people.
- It layers nicely with other skin products including anti-aging skin care products.
- It rubs in clear, doesn't feel greasy and doesn't irritate sensitive eyes.
- It's also made from the best sun block ingredient, microsized zinc oxide, and thus gives complete sun protection from ALL harmfull rays.
- It is water resistant, maintaining its SPF 40 during 80 minutes of water exposure.
Dr. Cynthia Bailey Wants You To Know These Important Facts About Sunscreen
It's my opinion that zinc oxide is the best sunscreen ingredient for broad spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection.
Zinc oxide, and its cousin titanium dioxide, are considered mineral sunscreens (and are also called physical sunscreens). When applied to your skin these mineral/physical sunscreens sit on top of your skin and bounce off the UV rays just like bouncing a ball off of a wall. They provide non-irritating, hypoallergenic broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection that you can trust. Nano technology made it possible for mineral sunscreen to be applied invisibly to your skin. New zinc oxide technology has made it possible for even non-nano zinc oxide products to rub almost invisibly onto your skin too.
Mineral sunscreens are the only sunscreens that I trust and recommend. That's because the other type of sunscreens, called chemical sun screens (and also confusingly also called ‘organic' sunscreens!), actually absorb into the top of your skin and block the sun rays with a chemical reaction that occurs within your skin itself. The reaction creates a little heat, which make you feel even hotter in the sun. More importantly, it breaks down the chemical sunscreen ingredients so that they aren't there to protect you anymore. Thus your skin steadily runs out of the chemical sunscreens when you're in the sun.
The mineral sunscreens on the other hand last longer on your skin because the UV rays don't break them down like this. They're also more stable in the sunscreen bottle than ‘chemical' sunscreens, which break down while they sit in the bottle waiting for you to buy them and use them.
Of the mineral sunscreen ingredients, I recommend only zinc oxide and not titanium dioxide because it rubs onto your skin better and gives better broad spectrum protection.
Remember, harmful and aging UV sun rays come through most windows. You need to apply sunscreen to the all exposed areas of your skin every day even if you don't plan to spend time outdoors. Applying a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen should be part of your daily skin care routine!
Need help picking the perfect sunscreen? View Dr. Bailey's Sunscreen Comparison Chart.
What My Customers Say:
"I am so happy with each of the products (Dr. Bailey) recommended for me, but my absolute favorite is the Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40. I know how important it is to wear sunscreen, but I've always had trouble finding one that I liked. They'd either burn my eyes or my make-up wouldn't go on well over them. The Citrix Sunscreen is a dream come true! I can apply it all around my eyes and it never burns, it never sweats off and my foundation goes on over it fabulously. Now there's no excuse to not wear sunscreen everyday!" Hannah D. Sonoma County 9/09
I recommend that everyone apply this to their face every day. As with all zinc oxide sunscreens, I recommend you apply your sunscreen after your other skin care products. (Make up, if used, goes on after the Citrix as the last step.) Please see my tips for using sunscreen below.
Dr. Bailey's Sunscreen Application Tips:
- Apply micro sized zinc oxide sunscreens last, after all other skin care products but under make-up. This is because the zinc oxide particles sit on top of the skin where they reflect light. All skin care products that work by penetrating into the skin must be applied first.
- Zinc oxide sunscreens will be invisible on the skin if you warm the cream and disperse the particles before applying the product. To do this, place the amount of cream to be applied in the palm of one hand. Vigorously rub your palms together then apply the cream to your skin by patting it around various places in the area to be covered. Finish by rubbing the cream on your skin until it is evenly applied and invisible.
- Eye sensitivity is not typically a problem with my zinc oxide sunscreens. The Glycolix Elite SPF 40 Sunscreen, however is the absolutely most gentle on the eyes and so if you are struggling with eye irritation, I recommend this product for the skin around the eye area.
- The quantity of sunscreen you apply is critical to the amount of protection you have created for your skin. Current recommendations are 1 tsp for the adult face and 1oz. (a shot glass) for the average sized adult in the average sized bathing suit. It is especially important to follow these recommendations if you are relying on sunscreen alone to protect your skin during times of intense sun exposure. (Skin Cancer Foundation sun protection)
Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40 (3.5 fl. oz.): Ascorbyl Glucosamine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceresin, Cyclomethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Laureth-7, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Methylparaben, Phospholipids, Polyacrylamide, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Superdioxide Dismutase, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone (Co Q-10). Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 7.0%.
I love Citrix!
I love Citrix! It blends in well and I’ve never had it fail when it comes to sun protection. I also use the Calming Zinc Bar twice a day to control rosacea and break-outs. My skin has never looked better.
Value Quality Price
I’m not alone in loving Citrix sunscreen!
It looks as though I’m not alone in loving Citrix sunscreen! I started using it on my 5 year old who has super sensitive skin (like his mom!) and his skin looks terrific. He was getting clogged pores from other brands of non-chemical sunscreens. No scent, no stinging eyes, virtually invisible sun protection and beautiful looking skin. We both love it!
Quality Price Value
I love the Citrix Sunscreen!
I love the Citrix Sunscreen. The sunscreen is smooth and matte….which is amazing under makeup and helps to not have that sunscreen greasy look. I love Dr. Bailey’s website and products!!!!
Quality Price Value
Citrix works so much better!
I’m a scientist and I observed how well the Citrix works as a sunscreen. I was on vacation at the beach and put Citrix on my hands but a regular sunscreen with SPF 50 everywhere else. You can see where the Citrix ended because beyond that I’m tan and my age spots are darker. I didn’t get burned but I got brown. The Citrix works so much better.
Quality Price Value
Citrix Sunscreen SPF 30 is absolutely my favorite!!
Citrix Sunscreen SPF 30 is absolutely my favorite. I have looked and looked for it & can only find it in the office. It’s wonderful and effective. I’ve recommended it to many people, especially those with children over 6 months.
Quality Price Value
My husband loves this sunscreen. He has very fair skin and likes this for his face
Price Value Quality