Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40 layers on the skin nicely with other skin care products and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. I have used it every day for years and have never found a better product for my skin.
Sun protection is essential for reducing your risk of skin cancer. Dermatologists and skin professionals also agree that sun protection is a critical step in any effective anti aging skin care program:
- Without sun protection, it's impossible to accomplish any meaningful skin lightening of age spots or melasma, it's also impossible to stop wrinkles.
- Add to that the fact that anyone exfoliating their skin to improve its appearance is more at risk for sun damage and MUST wear a sun screen.
- The final motivation is the appearance of tanned skin after our teens and early adult hood. It just starts to look rough and leather-like.
Basically, just about everyone needs sunscreen, every day. Most of us don't want to hear that and so I've searched long and hard for a product that my patients like and are happy to use, and for the face, Citrix is it!
- Citrix won't clog pores for most people so it works well for acne-prone people.
- It layers nicely with other skin products including anti-aging skin care products.
- It rubs in clear, doesn't feel greasy and doesn't irritate sensitive eyes.
- It's also made from the best sun block ingredient, microsized zinc oxide, and thus gives complete sun protection from ALL harmfull rays.
- It is water resistant, maintaining its SPF 40 during 80 minutes of water exposure.
Dr. Cynthia Bailey Wants You To Know These Important Facts About Sunscreen
It's my opinion that zinc oxide is the best sunscreen ingredient for broad spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection.
Zinc oxide, and its cousin titanium dioxide, are considered mineral sunscreens (and are also called physical sunscreens). When applied to your skin these mineral/physical sunscreens sit on top of your skin and bounce off the UV rays just like bouncing a ball off of a wall. They provide non-irritating, hypoallergenic broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection that you can trust. Nano technology made it possible for mineral sunscreen to be applied invisibly to your skin. New zinc oxide technology has made it possible for even non-nano zinc oxide products to rub almost invisibly onto your skin too.
Mineral sunscreens are the only sunscreens that I trust and recommend. That's because the other type of sunscreens, called chemical sun screens (and also confusingly also called ‘organic' sunscreens!), actually absorb into the top of your skin and block the sun rays with a chemical reaction that occurs within your skin itself. The reaction creates a little heat, which make you feel even hotter in the sun. More importantly, it breaks down the chemical sunscreen ingredients so that they aren't there to protect you anymore. Thus your skin steadily runs out of the chemical sunscreens when you're in the sun.
The mineral sunscreens on the other hand last longer on your skin because the UV rays don't break them down like this. They're also more stable in the sunscreen bottle than ‘chemical' sunscreens, which break down while they sit in the bottle waiting for you to buy them and use them.
Of the mineral sunscreen ingredients, I recommend only zinc oxide and not titanium dioxide because it rubs onto your skin better and gives better broad spectrum protection.
Remember, harmful and aging UV sun rays come through most windows. You need to apply sunscreen to the all exposed areas of your skin every day even if you don't plan to spend time outdoors. Applying a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen should be part of your daily skin care routine!
Need help picking the perfect sunscreen? View Dr. Bailey's Sunscreen Comparison Chart.
What My Customers Say:
"I am so happy with each of the products (Dr. Bailey) recommended for me, but my absolute favorite is the Citrix Sunscreen SPF 40. I know how important it is to wear sunscreen, but I've always had trouble finding one that I liked. They'd either burn my eyes or my make-up wouldn't go on well over them. The Citrix Sunscreen is a dream come true! I can apply it all around my eyes and it never burns, it never sweats off and my foundation goes on over it fabulously. Now there's no excuse to not wear sunscreen everyday!" Hannah D. Sonoma County 9/09
More product testimonials, and why we use initials in our testimonials
Cynthia Bailey, MD
Dr. Bailey Skin Care
425 South Main St