Here are 7 simple steps to look fantastic when taking selfies:
- Find the best BB Cream or tinted sunscreen that matches your skin tone. It will smooth most of skin’s imperfections, giving it a natural, dewy, and selfie-ready look. BB Creams have sunscreen included so skin is protected even when your selfie is outside!
- Apply a Mineral Powder for a matte finish. The mineral particles will absorb oil to fend off that polished billiard ball shine we all hate.
- Add depth and vitality by applying a blush or a bronzer to features you want to emphasize. Apply blush or bronzer on the cheeks for a healthy skin tone. Sculpt a shadow by following the edge of the face down to the chin and back up to the forehead on both sides. It’s an artistic ‘slight of hand’ to emphasize your bone structure’s natural beauty.
- Highlight the top of your cheekbone with a shimmer that mimics light. This is another artist trick. Swipe your stroke of shimmer upwards from the top 1/3 of the cheek up towards the ear. A great highlight to choose is the shimmery gold in the Bronze Trio. Apply just a hint of shimmer with your finger or a brush. Don’t aim to create a streak of color. You want the shimmer to suggest a light reflection. Your cheekbones will be luminous!
- Define your brow with a some color! Also add a hint of color on the bottom of the eyelid and the sides of your upper lash line. This spotlights your eyes and creates a whole new look. People read eyes; make sure yours are shining! Apply mascara to bring out the sparkle in your eyes as well. Use the brush and a darker shade in the eye trio to define brows and create eyeliner.
- Accentuate your mouth. Always add a natural lip color to shape your lips and complete your selfie look.
- Hold your camera upward near the middle of the face. Pull your chin up and out slightly, turn your head to the left or right (we all have a better side, explore to find yours), and click and share! You look fabulous dahling!