Start Your Day with a Healthy, New Recipe!
My husband eats this yummy, vegan granola for breakfast every day. He tops it with fresh fruit and a scoop of yogurt; he’s starting his day with a nutrient-dense meal that’s also great for digestive health and his gut microbiome.
This granola is gluten-free if you use oats that have not been contaminated with gluten-containing grains (wheat, barley or rye). It’s also low fat and low glycemic.
The ingredients give you:
- Plant-based protein;
- Fiber for intestinal health and to promote a healthy gut microbiome;
- Essential fatty acids such as anti-inflammatory omega 3s;
- Vitamins like A, B, D and E;
- Minerals including calcium for bones and zinc for acne, among others; and
- A great dose of antioxidants, too.
And it’s delicious!
I create it from a “dry” mixture of oats, nuts, seeds, and coconut (optional). I combine this with a “wet” mixture of oil and a natural sweetener. I bake it in the oven until it’s golden and toasty.
Mix and match what you put into this granola based on what you like and what’s in your pantry. By making your own granola, you avoid all the sugar found in commercially-made granola.