WHAT ARE THE TOP MAKEUP TRENDS FOR FALL/WINTER? AMETHYST JEWEL TONES ON EYES, MATTE COMPLEXION.
This fall and winter expect to find your fashion creativity drawn to the colors of rich jewel tones – emerald green, samba red, and acai purple layered on a base of lichen green, carafe brown, or turbulence gray according to Pantone, the world’s leading color trend forecaster. Last week our aesthetician MaLinda created a natural makeup palette for everyday use. This week MaLinda designed a dramatic palette inspired by jewel tones so you’ll be ready to play with this season’s colors using the finest (yet very affordable) natural mineral makeup from Dr. Bailey Skin Care.
MaLinda and Danielle are here for makeup consultations if you want more advice – treat yourself! Call (707) 829-5778 to make your appointment today!
GET THE LOOK:
BLUSH: Dr. Bailey’s Loose Mineral Blush in Mauve (soft warm pink) applied lightly to cheekbones with a large fluffy powder brush.
- Wet angled eyeliner brush and line the upper and lower lash line in the dark plum shade from the Plum Trio.
- Use a small eye shadow brush to press the dark plum shade from the Plum Trio on the lower eyelid.
- Use a medium-to-large fluffy eye shadow brush to softly blend the light plum shade from the Plum Trio from the crease to upper eye lid.
- Use a small eye shadow brush to trace the soft lavender pearl shade from the Plum Trio below the brow bone to enhance your eyebrow’s natural arch.
- Use a small to medium eye shadow brush to press the vibrant amethyst of the Plum Loose Mineral Eye shadow over the top of the dark plum of the Plum Trio, from lash line to lower eye lid. Layering the two shades will give depth and luster to your look.
- Use an angled eyeliner brush to dust and blend the dark brown shade from the Bronze Trio into eyebrows. Apply Mascara.
LIPS: Apply a sheer berry lip color that enhances your complexion.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
THE MAKEUP PRODUCTS
Add the prettiest little silk cosmetic bag to hold your beautiful makeup. It’s handmade, fair trade and doubles as an evening clutch. Dr. Bailey uses them to keep her purse contents organized too. Pick from a variety colors, expecially our jewel-tone colors: peacock, deep purple, and chili red. When you purchase a silk clutch you will receive 10% off your entire order for the fall because we want you to try one and see why we love them so much.
Want more information on this season’s hottest colors? Check out Pantone’s fall 2013 color trends. Another great source is Fashionizing, which builds a comprehensive list from the top names in the industry.
MaLinda, Medical Aesthetician
My passion is helping people look and feel beautiful. I have more than nine years of experience in the skincare and cosmetics industry; having worked as a makeup artist, as a makeup and skin care product specialist for a high-end department store, and as an aesthetician.
I have a bachelor’s degree in English and history, but I have found my true calling in the world of skincare. I’ve been a licensed aesthetician since 2007. I love helping my clients achieve healthy, beautiful skin and teaching them how to get the results they’re looking for on a daily basis. Everyone is beautiful with unique attributes that make them special. Finding and highlighting these attributes in a person is my passion – and it’s what I love about my career.