Summer skin care should have your skin looking smooth and sun-kissed, but without the sun. Summer is also about unwinding, so your skin care routine needs to be carefree and simple too.
Fortunately, you can have it all with the top summer beauty must-haves, including an elegant sunscreen matched to skin type, a slightly tanner shade of compatible mineral makeup, a great exfoliator for smooth summer skin, and a great self-tanner to go on top for a healthy golden glow. You also need a professional level antioxidant facial product to fight the sun’s free radical skin damage that can lead to accelerated skin aging.
Here are my picks to give you beautiful summer skin:
1. Facial BB cream/sunscreen, such as my Suntegrity 5-in-1 BB Cream, which has natural ingredients, dermatologist-approved sun protection, and makeup coverage to hide complexion flaws. It’s also beautiful on your skin. Since it’s a BB Cream, it’s a time saver too!
If you have oily skin, the facial sunscreen I recommend is my EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 Sunscreen.
2. Mineral makeup can be lightly dusted on top of your sunscreen for a healthy sun-kissed glow without the sun damage. Check out my mineral makeup line that includes foundation, loose powder, blush, and eye shadow.
3. Exfoliation for the body is also critical, which is why I advise everyone to use Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash for the best skin and to prevent aging.
4. A great all-purpose self-tanner for the face and body really helps produce that summer glow. It also adds to self-confidence. My favorite is Self-Tanning Lotion for Sensitive Skin by Avene.
5. Professional-strength antioxidant facial skin care is extremely important to help fight the aging effects of the sun. This is why I developed a Vitamin C Anti-Wrinkle Professional Treatment Serum.
Getting that summer glow doesn’t have to involve hours in the sun. In fact, with these skin care products, no one will be able to tell the difference! They protect your skin and have the same outcome – it’s a win-win!