Dermatologist’s 3 Simple Steps For Soft, Sandal-Ready Feet By Spring!
Get ready for spring sandals now! For many of us, the rough, thick skin on our heels looks like it belongs on an elephant? It’s hard to hide cracked, thick heels in sandals and you CAN fix them before spring. Reclaiming your baby soft feet is easy when you have the right tools for the job. All it takes is strong exfoliation. A pumice stone alone doesn’t cut it if you have really thick foot skin. You need CHEMICAL EXFOLIATION AND PHYSICAL EXFOLIATION to get your feet back into sandal-ready shape.
- Chemical exfoliation means using a skin care product that softens and dissolves the thick skin so that you can actually get somewhere when you try to file it off. The best product for thick, rough heel skin is Glytone Heel and Elbow Cream*. This is a seriously strong glycolic acid cream that's a miracle for rough feet!
- Physical exfoliation is what you do when you file or scrape off your rough thick foot skin. The best foot scraper is a foot file like the pedicurists use, or a pumice stone.
Dr. Cynthia Bailey’s 3 Steps To Treat Thick, Rough Skin on Your Feet
- Soak your feet in warm water, or take a warm shower for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the rough skin off your feet using a foot file while your feet are wet. Rub off as much rough skin as possible without hurting your feet.
- Apply Glytone Heel and Elbow Cream while your feet are still damp. Towel dry your feet, but you need to apply the cream while they are still damp. Apply the Glytone Heel and Elbow Cream liberally to the thick areas, including the toes and nail beds if needed. Put on a clean pair of cotton socks and leave them on for at least 8 hours.
Depending on how thick your foot skin is, this process can take between one week and several months for all the thick, rough skin to come off of your feet. If irritation develops, let the skin heal before you resume the treatment Once you have soft, smooth skin on your feet, repeat this process as necessary to maintain the results. Some people find that once their feet are soft again, they can maintain the results by switching to my Anti Aging Body Rejuvenation Kit products and treating their feet when they treat the rest of their body skin in the shower. Having baby soft feet that invite a foot massage is easy, and they look so much better in sandals! * Glytone Heel and Elbow Cream is a 30% glycolic acid cream and is REALLY strong. If used in any manner other than I’ve stated above it WILL be too strong and irritate/burn your skin. It works beautifully for thick skin on the feet, but even though Glytone markets it for elbows, only the thickest, roughest elbows need this strong glycolic acid product. If you found this post helpful, you may also want to read: Essential Winter Skin Care: 2 Simple Tricks To Healthy Winter Skin Dermatologist's Simple Tips for Athlete's Foot Fungus Treatment Brilliant Skin Care For The New Decade Chapped Lips: The Remedy Depends On The Cause Pandemic Of Dry Hands: Hand Sanitizers, The Swine Flu And Tips To Save Your Hands Making Sense Of The Vitamin D Dilemma And Sun Exposure Photo Attribution: Sean Dreilinger