DON’T FALL FOR A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY
Many hats give you a false sense of security when it comes to sun protection. Don’t be fooled. Your kids need to wear effective sun protection hat when they’re in the sun – it is just too important for their skin.
I want you and your family to be perfectly sun protected and that means finding the right sun hats for everyone in the family. Sun protection hats for small children must have a full circumference brim of at least 2", completely cover the top of their scalp, and be made of UPF 50 material. You can trust my hats to give your children's skin the best sun protection.
Did you know that the skin on the head and neck combined is the number one area at risk for skin cancer? It’s also the area that develops the most sun damage over the course of a person’s lifetime. Sun damage manifests as wrinkles, age spots, irregular pigmentation, and thin skin. Whether it is cancer or sun damage that motivates you, I want you and your children to become a "hat people". It’s just that important!
The 3 Essential Elements of a Dermatologist Recommended Sun Protection Hat
A good sun hat needs to protect your children well from harmful UV rays. That means the hat must meet these 3 criteria:
1. A small child’s sun hat needs a full-circumference brim that measures AT MINIMUM 2 inches to protect the average child − and the bigger the better when it comes to the brim. Don’t − and I mean don’t - wear a hat with a smaller brim or that has a front bill only.
2. A proper sun hat must be made from a material that prevents the passage of UV rays to your skin. Don’t be fooled − many woven straw hats and all mesh-topped hats, visors, and ball caps won’t give you enough protection. Be sure your children wear only UPF 50 rated hats or hats that you absolutely cannot see any light through, such as leather hats. You can trust all of my UPF 50 hats to protect your family’s skin well.
3. A trustworthy sun hat needs to cover the top of your child’s scalp. Even if your child has a lot of hair up there, I promise you that there are places on your scalp where the hair exposes skin to the sun from time to time. Skin cancer of the scalp is all too common and you don’t want your kids to get it someday so be certain their sun hat leaves no scalp exposed.
CAREFULLY SELECTED SUN PROTECTION HATS FOR YOU
I want your kids to love and use their sun hats often so I’ve carefully selected ideal hats. I know these hats will provide the best sun protection because they are:
All of my hats are UPF 50 rated, meet the 3 essential sun hat criteria, and pack well. A good sun hat needs to take good care of your child’s skin and I’ve made certain that these hats will.
In addition to the hats I sell, we have a wide selection of other UPF 50 hats available in our Sebastopol skin care store. If you live near Sebastopol, CA, please be sure to stop by during our medical practice hours to get your sun hats for this season.
WHY CAN’T YOU PASS UP ONE (OR MORE) OF MY SUN PROTECTION HATS?
Reason #1: My sun hats are good looking, practical, economical, and will serve you and your kids well.
- They fit nicely and have either a bolero strap or an adjustable brim cord to secure them to your head
- They aren’t fussy or inconvenient
- They look good on almost everybody
- You can pack them easily without hurting them
- They’re available at a great price
Reason #2: A person can never have too many trusty sun protection hats. And, you don’t want fussy sun hats that need to be babied. I recommend that you keep a hat handy wherever your kids are prone to going into the sun. I always keep hats in my car and there are also some by my kitchen door on the weekends. I even stuff rolled hats in my purse during warm weather.
Reason #3: Everyone needs the right hat for every outdoor activity they do. For example, your kids need hard−working hats for sweaty/messy activities like sports and outdoor play, etc. You need neat hats for school and dressy outdoor social events picnicking, festivals, county fairs, and touring around on vacation.
Reason #4: Your kids need hats in different colors and textures to coordinate with different outfits.
Yes, I want to make sure that your kids always have the right hat when they are outside in the sun. Sun protection that starts early in life will reap huge benefits later in life.
WHY AM I SO PUSHY ABOUT HATS?
Hats are that important for ideal sun protection − I see the results of sun damage every day in my dermatology office. I want you and your family to wear hats so I’ve shopped them for you; I’ve put them to the test and then I’ve priced them to be irresistible. I’ve picked the most practical and trustworthy hats that also look good on everyone.