Glycolic Acid Facial Skin Care
Not all glycolic acid products work to get rid of wrinkles. Learn why and find the best products to brighten your complexion and treat wrinkles, age spots, and acne all at once.
For non-prescription anti-aging skin care, glycolic acid products are the best for fixing many of the most stubborn skin problems that occur as your skin ages. Add a broad spectrum zinc oxide sunscreen along with the right glycolic acid product and you have a powerful anti-aging skin care routine. That’s because a glycolic acid product is:
- One of the best non-prescription anti-aging wrinkle creams you can use.
- One of the best products to unclog your pores and fight blackheads and acne.
- A great way to instantly brighten your complexion almost overnight because it exfoliates your skin using natural chemistry that changes your outer dead skin cell layer in a way that almost polishes it to a shiny luster. It means you can get instant gratification when you add glycolic acid to your skin care!
- Able to give you a more youthful, supple and hydrated complexion. This is because strong glycolic acid products “tell” your skin to make more hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural skin substance that is important for moist, healthy skin that looks its best.
- Available as facial creams and lotions that act as powerful skin lightening products to fight irregular skin pigment. Glycolic acid will help lighten melasma and get rid of age spots. When patients ask me how to remove age spots on the face and body skin, I always incorporate glycolic acid into their total skin care routine.
How do you pick the best glycolic acid product?
With so many benefits, you can see why glycolic acid is an important component in so many facial skin care products. The trick, however, is to find powerful glycolic acid facial skin care products that work. Unfortunately, not all glycolic acid products deliver results. That's because product pH and free acid content vary and you can’t tell this from reading the product label. (Yes, only the lab that made the product knows this information and it takes effort to find it. That’s because it’s not the total glycolic acid percent written on the label, it’s the chemistry of all the ingredients once mixed together!)
My glycolic acid products, which are available here on DrBaileySkinCare.com, are powerful products made to get you results. They are the same products that I use in my dermatology practice to treat my patients and the same products that I personally have used for years for myself and my family. I believe they are the best of all glycolic acid skin care products made. And, I've watched the products work for thousands of my patients over many years of medical practice. Without fail, these products deliver the best glycolic acid skin care results available today.
How do you pick the right glycolic acid product for your skin type?
Pick your Glycolic Acid Facial Kit based on your skin type (oily, dry, normal, or combination skin). Add one of my zinc oxide sunscreens, also based on your skin type, and you have a powerful anti-aging skin care routine that will transform your complexion and fight skin aging over the course of your lifetime. I have three types of glycolic acid skin care kits:
- Oil Free Glycolic Acid Kit with a light oil-free face lotion for oily skin.
- Dry Skin Glycolic Acid Kit that contains a rich hydrating face cream for extremely dry skin.
- Glycolic Acid Kit for Normal or Combination Skin that has a light and an oil-free face cream. This is my most popular glycolic acid kit.
Some of my glycolic acid products also offer two strengths of glycolic acid so that you can start on the lower strength product if you're new to glycolic acid and you can work up as your skin adjusts.
How do you combine glycolic acid products with other products for even more anti-aging results?
Finally, if your goal is to use the most powerful anti-aging products possible for your skin, consider combining one of my Glycolic Acid Kits with my Retinol Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream. Use your Glycolic Acid Kit products during the day followed by one of my Facial Zinc Oxide Sunscreens and use the Retinol Cream at night.
Another state-of-the-art anti-aging skin care option is to combine one of the Glycolic Acid Kits with my Antioxidant Anti-Aging Skin Care Kit. Use the Glytone Mild Gel Wash and Facial Buf Puf to cleanse your skin twice a day. Apply the glycolic acid product at night and the Antioxidant Kit products during the day. You’ll be fighting skin damage and wrinkles at the same time.
For the full Trifecta of anti-aging skin care pick a Glycolic Acid Kit, the Antioxidant Kit, and the Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream! Yes it’s possible and you will be getting all four of the best anti-aging skin care powerhouses: broad spectrum sunscreen, a retinoid, vitamin C, and glycolic acid in a skin care routine that’s also rich in soothing and protecting green tea. You can alternate Retinol with Glycolic Acid at night or layer glycolic acid and vitamin C during the day. But, start with one of these and slowly work up to all three. Be patient and wait to see your skin transform. This really is the best of the best from science and nature for today's intelligent anti-aging skin care. Whether you choose glycolic acid alone or in combination with my Antioxidant Kit and/or my Retinol Cream, the results are astounding!