Medical and Surgical Dermatologic Services Provided by Our Office
Drs. Bailey and Chattha see patients for the evaluation and treatment of all dermatologic problems including skin cancer, acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, allergic skin reactions etc. Our doctors encourage patients to have full skin exams for the early detection of skin cancer; all fair skinned patients over the age of 40, and those with a family history of skin cancer or other predisposing skin cancer risk factors are especially encouraged to have an annual full skin exam. Patients with particularly complex skin exams are followed by skin map photographs.
Patient treatment plans are customized to fit each person's priorities and needs. Both our doctors have taught medical students and they enjoy teaching our patients and staff. Diagnosis and treatment options are carefully explained so that everyone involved in giving and receiving medical care is an informed participant.
All of our surgical procedures are done in our office. Some of these procedures include:
- skin cancer excisions and curettage/desiccation treatment,
- skin biopsies,
- electrocauterie of benign skin growth such as skin tags, blood vessel growths, and facial capillaries,
- cryosurgical treatment of precancerous keratosis, warts and age spots.
- Excisions of sebaceous cysts
- Extraction of blackheads and clogged pores
- Cortisone injections of acne cysts and keloid scars
Our priority in cosmetic dermatology is to create a fresh healthy look without the tell tale signs of cosmetic procedures. Our doctors scrutinize the numerous cosmetic 'services' that continually hit the market and offer only those services that they feel result in a natural, healthy appearance without significant health risks. The services we chose are services that we would consider for ourselves.
Download Our Menu of Aesthetician Services
- Botox: Done well, Botox takes away the fretful and anxious look that comes from squinting. It helps prevent further wrinkles and temporarily smoothes the skin and diminishes pore size. We limit treatment to the upper face and our treatment 'style' is to attempt to lessen wrinkles and 'lift' the brow without creating mannequin like facial immobility. We find that there's something very nice about not being able to squint and make an intense facial frown.
- Juvederm Injectable Filler: This soft injectable hyaluronic acid gel gently lessens wrinkles that are due to the gradual loss of the skin's substance that occurs over time. Juvederm treatment replaces the lost tissue, creating a natural look and feel that can instantly take off years from your appearance.
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatment: We own the Sciton BBL which we feel offers the most advanced, most uniform and most powerful IPL treatments available today. BBL treatments reduce unwanted red and brown skin color and refine skin texture. We treat skin on the entire body for age spots, sun damage, uneven pigmentation and excessive hair. BBL's IPL technology is also an excellent treatment for rosacea. We also have advanced certification in the FotoFacial BBL technique, which offers even more dramatic IPL results for treatment of rosacea and photoaging.
- SkinTyte: The Sciton BBL also offers state-of-the-art skin tightening for loose or slack skin. Popular sites for treatment are the face, chin, neck, chest arms and tummy. Patients typically experience minimal to no discomfort as the wavelengths of light heat collagen in the deep layers of the skin resulting in skin tightening. Multiple treatments spaced 3-5 weeks apart are necessary to achieve results.
- Laser Treatment: We have the Sciton ProFractional erbium laser for state-of-the-art treatment of wrinkles, acne scars and improvement in skin texture and tone. We also offer Sciton's MicroLaserPeel for precision erbium laser skin resurfacing with minimal down time. Our laser, BBL and SkinTyte treatments can be combined for complete anti aging skin rejuvenation!
- Chemical Face Peels: Dr. Bailey has been doing chemical peels for over 20 years, long before they were a popular cosmetic procedure. Our office does both the lighter 'lunch time' type glycolic acid peels and the deeper chemical peels that utilize TCA (trichloroacetic acid), with or without Jessner's Solution. In our opinion, the pro's and con's of these chemical peels are as follows:
- Glycolic Acid Peels dissolve off dead skin and clogged pore matter much like nail polish remover dissolves off nail polish. The peeling is usually invisible and typically the skin feels and looks cleaner, smoother and with less clogged pores. Extracting the pores following a glycolic acid peel is a extremely effective way cleaning debris from the pores. Because glycolic acid peels may stimulate a little new collagen formation and help even out irregular pigmentation, we recommend they be done monthly as part of a skin rejuvenation program. In our office, glycolic acid peels are performed by our nurse Hattie or by our aesthetician. Dr. Bailey's practice has included glycolic peels for over 20 years. She developed her own technique after learning from the first physician who developed the peel, Dr. Eugene Van Scott.
- TCA Peels: Dr. Bailey has also done these for over 20 years. TCA peels, (with or without Jessners solution) reach deeper skin layers than glycolic acid, accomplishing even more rejuvenating effects. They are an ideal peel for people with light to medium pigmented skin who want a very serious rejuvenation program; an annual TCA peel in the winter is a great way to maximize results.
- Sclerotherapy: Again, Dr. Bailey learned from the guy who literally wrote the book on the subject, Dr. Mitchell Goldman. Sclerotherapy is the injection of medicine into veins to lessen their appearance. She has done sclerotherapy for over 20 years and limits her practice to the treatment of spider veins on the legs.
- Age Spot Reduction: Age spots come in a variety of forms. Some are due to sun exposure and some just happen. We use cryosurgery and electro cautery to lessen the appearance of age spots. We also create home skin care regimens to help lessen the development of age spots in predisposed people.
- Customized Skin Care: Healthy and attractive skin is best achieved when cosmetic office procedures are supported by an effective home care regimen. We use a combination of prescription remedies, cosmeceuticals and cosmetics skin care products to improve skin health and treat skin problems. Our doctors and our clinical aesthetician work together to get the best results possible with today's dermatologic science and cosmetic products and techniques. We sell a small selection of cosmaceuticals that, in our opinion, represent the best products available on the huge, multibillion dollar skin care market.
Dr. Bailey and our clinical aesthetician have developed clinical level aesthetician services that help patients and clients have healthy radiant skin all day, every day, all year. Our treatments incorporate facials with chemical peels and microdermabraision for all skin types. Add waxing or brow tinting and you'll have radiant skin and a 'put together' look instantly.
Aesthetician treatments can work alone or be incorporated with medical treatment and cosmetic surgical procedures to correct the toughest complexion problems like rosacea, acne, acne scarring, and hyperpigmentation from sun damage or melasma. They can also be used to keep skin looking fresh and healthy. Patients who have had cosmetic surgical procedures like IPL/BBL FotoFacial or Laser procedures can significantly maximize the longevity of their results with regular aesthetician facials, chemical peels and microdermabraision.
Our clinical aesthetician services are available to both patients and not patients; enjoy the benefits of medical level aesthetician treatments done in a safe, hygienic, professional setting.
We have provided phototherapy services to patients with psoriasis and other light sensitive skin conditions for over 15 years. We offer UVA/PUVA and broad band UVB therapy. Our Danvin Phototherapy Unit has computerized light dosing that is calculated based on a patient's skin pigmentation type, reducing the risk of phototherapy overexposure.
Our phototherapy services require physician consultation and supervision. Hattie, our nurse runs the phototherapy unit.
"I have sever rosacea and it took a week for my skin to start changing, then it kept changing and it's still getting better. It's amazing!"
"The BBL has made a fantastic difference on my face- after one treatment the freckles were gone and the broken capillaries (redness) has been significantly reduced. I can't wait to see my face after treatment 2 and 3."
"It's made a huge difference in my skin. My mom said it took 15 years off me."
"I just had my first treatment and I feel like a new person!"
"I love my skin. You can't believe the complements I get. Thank you (Dr. Bailey) for my skin; I love, love, love my skin."
Karen A., Sonoma County 8/09
"A bunch of my friends have said my face looks great. They say 'your skin is just looking so nice. You look great, I can't put my finger on it'."
"After 1 treatment my skin is very much improved. I look 'refreshed'. Someone said, 'oh you can't be 57.'"
"(After 2 BBL treatments) I'm able to reduce the amount of make up I wear daily and no longer need extra coverage on my nose."
"(After 1 BBL for severe rosacea) My boy that treatment worked great; I almost thought of canceling my second treatment because I can't imagine it could be any better. My broken capillaries are almost 100% gone. My freckles are paler."
Andrea B., Sonoma County 9/09
"I am really pleased! The healing was really fast; 5 days after you couldn't really tell I had had a procedure done. No discomfort either. I had a little bit of burning that afternoon, and the next day nothing. I'm trying to figure out how to fit another in before school starts."
Linda N., Sonoma County 7/09
"Dr. Bailey did a great job; wasn't too much, wasn't too little and didn't do this crazy thing that happened when I had it done by someone else. It was perfect!"
"You (Dr. Bailey) obviously hit the precise spots, you watched as you had me moving my eyebrows. You're a real artist. The plastic surgeon was good but your better."
Andrea P, Sonoma County 8/09
"It was amazing, I had results right away and they lasted 4 full months. The results were fabulous and I have only had movement in the last 2 weeks. I couldn't believe it because I'm 53 years old and everything I read said you want to do Botox before you have wrinkles, but my crease went away."
"After my facial, my face feels so dewy and fresh!"