Retinoids can work wonders to fight the signs of skin aging. I’ve used them for years in my dermatology practice. The two forms of retinoids that I use most often are prescription retinoic acid (called tretinoin, which is found in Retin-A and Renova) and retinol. Retinol products are non-prescription, so you don’t need a trip […]
Do you know that tretinoin, the active ingredient in Retin A, breaks down in sunlight? And, do you know that if you apply it to moist skin, it’s more likely to cause peeling and skin irritation? Lastly, do you know that some of the common and really good ingredients in other skin care products aren’t […]
+ Skin Care Advice Categories +
- Acne (78)
- Anti-Aging Skin Care (169)
- Around Sebastopol (23)
- Ask Dr. Bailey (51)
- Breast Cancer (26)
- Chemotherapy (15)
- Dandruff (45)
- Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health (68)
- Featured (7)
- Find It Again Friday (20)
- From the Aesthetician (26)
- Hair (3)
- Men's Skin Care (75)
- Miscellaneous (132)
- Natural Makeup (13)
- Natural Skin Care (35)
- Rosacea (44)
- Skin Care Products (92)
- Skin Problems & Advice (230)
- Sun Protection Advice (116)
+ Search Skin Care Blog Only +
— Free Skin Care & Health Tips –
- Dr. Bailey’s Best Sensitive Skin Care Tips October 24, 2014
- Men’s Fall and Winter Grooming Tips: Face and Scalp Dandruff October 20, 2014
- Keratosis Pilaris: AKA Chicken Skin Bumps October 17, 2014
- Got Chapped Lips? Skin Care Tips for the Coming Winter October 12, 2014
- Breast Cancer: How to Tame Chemo Curls and Improve Scars October 6, 2014
- Join Dr. Bailey’s Sun Protection Challenge and You Could Win! June 12, 2014
- It’s Time for Surgery January 5, 2014
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- Alexia Taylor: Hi, Thank you for your all good articles about ...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Alexia, how wonderful of you to ask since my...
- Alexia Taylor: Hi, Thanks for sharing nice article and the web...
- Chuck Meigs: Thank you so much for bringing this to our minds e...
- isabel marshal: thankx dr. bailey to give such nice skin care tips...