Psoriasis has a tendency to flare up during the winter months because cold temperatures and dry heat aggravates this skin condition. However, there are methods to calm the symptoms of psoriasis and allow your skin to heal. Dr Bailey details several skin care and lifestyle tips to help heal psoriasis in her three-part psoriasis series.
In terms of skin care, Dr. Bailey stresses the importance of implementing a “hydrating skin care routine.”
When I see a patient with psoriasis, I always start our discussion about treatment options with detailed information on hydrating skin care. It really is that important for psoriasis.
How to Heal Psoriasis with Skin Care Products
Dr. Bailey’s five basic skin care tips for psoriasis include:
- Hydrate your skin 24/7. Do not use harsh soaps that dry out the skin and use highly hydrating moisturizers all over the body.
- Apply skin care products that slow cell turnover, such as tar products.
- Exfoliate with powerful skin care products with BHAs (salicyclic acid) or AHAs (lactic and glycolic acid).
- Often facial seborrhea (facial dandruff) complexes with psoriasis and will require additional attention.
- Identify and address any present foot fungus, which may look like psoriasis but is not. Try to eliminate other skin conditions when treating psoriasis.
Dr. Bailey recommends the following gentle soaps and rich moisturizers when you are implementing a “hydrating skin care regimen”:
For the full list of products and additional recommendations, check out Dr. Bailey’s original blog post: Skin Care Tips to Heal Psoriasis.
Comments on Dr. Cynthia Bailey’s Skin Care Products from people like you:
“I am a dedicated reader of your blog and my skin is better for it.” Paul B
“That cream is like a miracle drug!…I’m going to give the Butter Cream to everyone this year as a gift, it’s fantastic.” Michele P
If you have found this Best BB Cream tips helpful, thanks for commenting, sharing and”Liking”, Tweeting”, “Pinning” and Google +1 this blog post with friends and family.
Sincerely, Dr. Bailey Skin Care Team
Photo attribution: Thanks and gratitude to © Doable/amanaimages/Corbis