Can rheumatoid arthritis be caused by not enough good probiotic bacteria in your gut? It’s a seemingly wild leap, but a study just published in eLife suggests this is a plausible scenario. Researchers at the New York University School of Medicine found that patients with new-onset rheumatoid arthritis were more likely than other people to [...]
by on November 19, 2013 in Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health
Unfortunately, we are coming upon cold and flu season again. Over the past few weeks, not only have I had a few clients with a mild case of the sniffles, but I also have had clients reschedule their appointments due to a cold or sore throat. I even felt a little “under the weather” last [...]
For the past few weeks we have been focusing on the best anti-aging skin care products for men and women. The final piece to the anti-aging skin care routine puzzle, or any skin care routine for that matter, is to choose foods that help fight free radical formation and dryness in the skin. Scientists have found the ingredients in olive oil manage this [...]
According to the results of a new scientific study, when you are sleep deprived it shows on your face for everyone to see – and not in a good way. You’ve probably noticed that it’s easier to look your best after a good night’s sleep. But, exactly what’s less attractive about your face when you’re [...]
As summer comes to a close, how can you keep that summer glow during the fall and winter? It is tempting to break out the self-tanners and or visit spray-tan salons to get that summertime look during the winter, but there is a better solution: change your diet! In her post “Skip the Tan & [...]
Zinc supplements have been touted as an acne treatment for years. Low doses are typically considered safe for most people, but can zinc really help you get rid of your pimples? If so, what’s the evidence and how much should you take? The latest edition of the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology reported the results [...]
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- 5 Skin Care Tips for Retin A Users April 19, 2013
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Hits Home for Me in 2013 October 1, 2013
- Obagi Skin Care Products October 3, 2011
- Do You Need Sunscreen in the Winter? “Find it Again Friday” December 6, 2013
- Holiday Skin Care Specials: Best Thoughtful Holiday Gift for a Busy Woman December 4, 2013
- Can You Keep Your Brows and Eyelashes during Chemotherapy? December 1, 2013
- Exciting Holiday Skin Care Special Sale Now Open November 27, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- Patricia Andrews: Dear Dr. Bailey, I only found out about your ca...
- Cynthia Bailey: I've had AC first followed by Taxol. I find the T...
- Mary: It could also be that I had AC after Taxol. That ...
- Cynthia Bailey: That's really interesting timing for the loss of y...
- Cynthia Bailey: Thank you Mary. Wednesday was my last infusion! ...