Retinoids can work wonders to fight the signs of skin aging. I’ve used them for years in my dermatology practice. The two forms of retinoids that I use most often are prescription retinoic acid (called tretinoin, which is found in Retin-A and Renova) and retinol. Retinol products are non-prescription, so you don’t need a trip [...]
Are your hands feeling dry yet? Usually by early fall, you can feel the subtle ...
According to the results of a new scientific study, when you are sleep deprived it ...
Significant and long surgeries can result in a variety of skin rashes showing up during ...
The holiday rush is over. Now it’s time to get back to doing the things ...
Even though the official start of spring was late March, warmer weather is finally starting here in Northern California and other parts of the country. It’s time to break out your shorts, tanks, and sandals and to show off your skin! As Dr Bailey says in her original blog post, Tips to Spring Clean Your Skin, skin-baring fashions [...]
If your family has sensitive skin, you need to be especially careful about the skin care products that are stocked in the household. I’m a dermatologist and mother and in my household, we all have sensitive skin. I’m careful about the skin care products that are in every bathroom and next to every sink in [...]
Do you have rosacea and have been searching for an anti-aging skin care routine? After a few phone call inquires regarding anti-aging rosacea skin care options, it is time to revisit Dr. Bailey’s blog post: Anti-Aging Skin Care Options for People with Rosacea. As Dr. Bailey notes, anti-aging skin care is especially tricky for rosacea-type [...]
Have you tried countless skin care products to fix the dark circles or bags under your eyes, but found nothing seems to work? Are you at the point of considering surgery to fix your under-eye issues? Waking up to find dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes almost seems like an omen for the rest [...]
Retinol is a retinoid. Retinoids are the vitamin A family class of agents. Retinoids, in my experience as a dermatologist, are the most effective anti-aging skin care product ingredient short of sunscreen. I’ve recommended topical retinoid skin care products to my patients for over 25 years and I’ve seen the anti-aging results over and [...]
+ Skin Care Advice Categories +
- Acne (74)
- Anti-Aging Skin Care (140)
- Around Sebastopol (21)
- Ask Dr. Bailey (45)
- Breast Cancer (16)
- Chemotherapy (9)
- Dandruff (42)
- Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health (58)
- Featured (6)
- Find It Again Friday (9)
- From the Aesthetician (22)
- Miscellaneous (155)
- Natural Makeup (3)
- Rosacea (43)
- Skin Care Products (29)
- Skin Problems & Advice (186)
- Sun Protection Advice (85)
+ Search Skin Care Blog Only +
— Subscribe & Join us Online —
- It’s Time for Surgery January 5, 2014
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Hits Home for Me in 2013 October 1, 2013
- Retinol Facts – What Retinol Can Do for Your Skin April 21, 2014
- Exfoliation = Skin Spring Cleaning: Find It Again Friday April 18, 2014
- Common Skin Problems for Moms and Families With Sensitive Skin April 15, 2014
- Know Your Options for Anti-Aging Rosacea Skin Care: Find It Again Friday April 11, 2014
- Best Under Eye Treatments including Retinol: Find It Again Friday April 4, 2014
- cheryl mccoy: thankd you kindly for the response, i am looking f...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Cheryl, We are releasing the product in the...
- cheryl mccoy: in the article above, you state "our new retinol c...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Tretin X is tretinoin. Tretinoin is a retinoid. ...
- jenny: I was just at my derm today - she gave me samples ...