Do you experience an itch in the middle of your back daily? Did your itchy back manifest as you aged? Do deeply moisturizing creams and lotions provide no relief? The Itchy Back Phenomenon If you answered yes to all these questions, it is possible your itchy back is not due to traditional dry skin issues. Your itchy [...]
Are your hands feeling dry yet? Usually by early fall, you can feel the subtle ...
According to the results of a new scientific study, when you are sleep deprived it ...
Significant and long surgeries can result in a variety of skin rashes showing up during ...
The holiday rush is over. Now it’s time to get back to doing the things ...
Having dodged a big bullet with the excellent response of my hereditary and aggressive triple negative breast cancer and chemotherapy, I face yet another peril in March… I’m still basking in the glow of that great pathology report on my breast tissue and lymph nodes at the same time I’m moving forward with my BRCA [...]
Do you have persistent clogged pores? Do you wash your face twice daily and still have clogged pores? Clogged pores are a year-round struggle that never seem to cease. Unfortunately, routine washing does not cut it. However, there are tricks to maintain “unclogged facial skin” according to Dr. Bailey in her post: How to Unclog Your Clogged Pores. Clogged pores [...]
What’s the most motivating information you can discuss with the teenagers you love to get them to wear sunscreen every day? Wouldn’t you think that a discussion about skin cancer, death, surgery, and scars would do the trick? Actually, nope! The threat of wrinkles, age spots, and old-looking skin is what will motivate your teens [...]
During the winter dry months, we commonly hear at the dermatology practice : “I moisturize daily but still have dry skin. Am I doing something wrong or should I be using a different moisturizer?” The answer to this question depends on how you use your moisturizer and the ingredients in your moisturizer. Patients become even more distressed as [...]
Multitasking natural skin care products are big time savers for busy moms. The problem with most multipurpose skin care products is that they compromise results. For example, I’ve never found a shampoo-conditioner or a body wash-skin moisturizer that ever did either job even remotely well by my criteria. It’s that “jack of all trades, [...]
+ Skin Care Advice Categories +
- Acne (70)
- Anti-Aging Skin Care (131)
- Around Sebastopol (21)
- Ask Dr. Bailey (43)
- Breast Cancer (15)
- Chemotherapy (4)
- Dandruff (40)
- Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health (55)
- Featured (6)
- Find It Again Friday (4)
- From the Aesthetician (22)
- Miscellaneous (154)
- Natural Makeup (2)
- Rosacea (41)
- Skin Care Products (20)
- Skin Problems & Advice (180)
- Sun Protection Advice (81)
+ Search Skin Care Blog Only +
- It’s Time for Surgery January 5, 2014
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- 5 Skin Care Tips for Retin A Users April 19, 2013
- Itchy Back Phenomenon -The Constant Hard to Reach Itch: “Find it Again Friday” March 7, 2014
- Breast Cancer BRCA1 Mutation Journey Continues in March March 4, 2014
- Got Clogged Pores? A How-to Guide for Unclogging Pores: Find it Again Friday February 28, 2014
- Sunscreen for Teens: How Do You Get Teens to Wear Sunscreen? February 24, 2014
- Best Skin Moisturizer Application Practices: Find it Again Friday February 21, 2014
- Kathy K: Dr. Bailey: I will be thinking and praying for yo...
- carol woessner: You have many praying for your complete recovery w...
- Cynthia Bailey: Carol, I can so relate. Just reading your words a...
- Karen: Bless you, Dr. Bailey. You are generous and kind t...
- Carol Compton: After my first cancer which included chemo and rad...