You should consider adding Hamamelis virginiana, better known as witch hazel, to your skin care routine. Witch hazel has a number of proven benefits for your skin. There are also several more benefits that have been observed throughout history, but have not been subjected to rigorous scientific study. Many homes contain a bottle of witch […]
Your wedding ring is the symbol of your love and commitment to your spouse. But ...
Ever had a friend share a skin care tip and wondered if it was true? ...
Danielle’s room was softly ...
The single biggest thing you can do to keep your skin looking young is to ...
Your skin can be like the “tip of the iceberg” for your internal health. Your skin as an organ is huge, important, and far from trivial to your wellbeing. A health challenge such as diabetes will often show through on your skin. Also, having diabetes puts your skin at risk for some unique […]
Today is World Health Day. Did you know that some of our best skin care routines in modern times come from ancient traditions, observations, and lessons learned from cultures across the globe? It’s nice to give thanks to our global skin care “roots” – the sharing of information and the evolutionary process that form the […]
For anyone who has watched Office Space, the infamous line “Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays,” grudgingly rings true when we leave for work with dark bags under our eyes and downing three cups of joe. However, there are methods to not have such comments repeated week after week, and to […]
by on April 1, 2015 in Skin Problems & Advice
What makes you feel beautiful? Italian fashion designer Valentino said, I know what women want. They want to be beautiful. ~Valentino Garavani But, what does that mean to you and what gets you there? In Dr. Bailey’s dermatology blog, we talk about beautiful skin, healthy complexions, and feeling beautiful on both the inside as well […]
Even if you have healthy, beautiful skin you can have under eye problems. Dark circles, bags and puffiness can be genetic. They also happen if you’re tired, have been sick or your body is just a little ‘under the weather’. Most people try to use a makeup that’s the same color as their […]
+ Skin Care Advice Categories +
- Acne (87)
- Anti-Aging Skin Care (193)
- Around Sebastopol (22)
- Ask Dr. Bailey (52)
- Breast Cancer (33)
- Chemotherapy (21)
- Dandruff (48)
- Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health (82)
- Featured (11)
- Find It Again Friday (30)
- From the Aesthetician (28)
- Hair (3)
- Men's Skin Care (95)
- Miscellaneous (134)
- Natural Makeup (25)
- Natural Skin Care (54)
- Rosacea (48)
- Skin Care Products (121)
- Skin Problems & Advice (276)
- Sun Protection Advice (131)
+ Search Skin Care Blog Only +
— Free Skin Care & Health Tips –
- 5 Reasons to Use Witch Hazel in Your Skin Care Regime April 13, 2015
- Diabetic Neuropathy: How Diabetes Can Affect Your Skin April 9, 2015
- World Health Day: Skin Care from around the World April 6, 2015
- How to Make Monday Your Best Skin Day April 3, 2015
- True or False: Beauty Is Only Skin Deep April 1, 2015
- Join Dr. Bailey’s Sun Protection Challenge and You Could Win! June 12, 2014
- It’s Time for Surgery January 5, 2014
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Moisturizers with hyaluronic acid and glycerin. Th...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello LVBailey, Look at the discussion in Gail's ...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Jenny, Humphreys and Dickinsons are the simp...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Gail, in answering another comment I see that Thay...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Gail, that is exactly the reason that it mig...