Dear Dr. Bailey, I just had a basal cell removed from right under my nose. I have a large incision and have been in tears since the procedure. I am 50 yrs. old. The doctor said that she had to make the incision in order to avoid leaving a divot like mark. (I also had […]
Your wedding ring is the symbol of your love and commitment to your spouse. But ...
Ever had a friend share a skin care tip and wondered if it was true? ...
Danielle’s room was softly ...
The single biggest thing you can do to keep your skin looking young is to ...
Do you know how to properly apply self-tanners to achieve a soft, even, sun-kissed glow on your skin? Looking good while using a self-tanner isn’t always easy. In fact, there are a few tricks you need to know to use them successfully. The biggest problem is that self-tanners naturally get stuck in the thicker areas of […]
By far the most important lifestyle measure I encourage in my patients here in our Santa Rosa Area practice is excellent sun protection. Wearing sunscreen every single day is, without question, our best weapon against sunburn, cancer and wrinkles. It should be worn rain or shine, regardless of how long you think you will be […]
by on May 17, 2016 in Skin Problems & Advice
Menopause causes profound changes in a woman’s skin. There is a huge loss of skin elasticity in all the skin and paradoxical thickening of the skin on the bottom of a woman’s feet. When a woman starts to fight the loss of skin elasticity BEFORE menopause the benefits are also huge. The most important step […]
by on May 12, 2016 in Sun Protection Advice
Tracy sent her question about safer sun exposure via the blog. This was such a good question that I wanted to give her a longer answer everyone could read. Thank you, Tracy! Dear Dr. Bailey, How do I, as a Caucasian with freckles living in Texas, manage fear and worry around developing melanoma? I’m doing […]
by on May 9, 2016 in Skin Problems & Advice
Moms deserve to be celebrated every day. After all, they have a busy schedule from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep – and often several times at night – being responsible for the well-being and proper growth of tiny, developing humans. Moms do their best to juggle it all […]
+ Skin Care Advice Categories +
- Acne (112)
- Anti-Aging Skin Care (229)
- Around Sebastopol (26)
- Ask Dr. Bailey (59)
- Breast Cancer (50)
- Chemotherapy (35)
- Dandruff (55)
- Diet, Nutrition, & Natural Health (118)
- Featured (11)
- Find It Again Friday (31)
- From the Aesthetician (33)
- Hair (8)
- Infographics (4)
- Men's Skin Care (109)
- Miscellaneous (138)
- Natural Chef (12)
- Natural Makeup (31)
- Natural Skin Care (78)
- Rosacea (62)
- Skin Care Products (173)
- Skin Problems & Advice (365)
- Sun Protection Advice (166)
+ Search Skin Care Blog Only +
— Free Skin Care & Health Tips –
- Ask Dr. Bailey: What is the Best Skin Care for a Skin Cancer Prone Person? May 26, 2016
- Sunless Tanner and How to Apply It (Infographic) May 23, 2016
- 5 Ways to Tell if a Sunscreen Product is a Scam May 19, 2016
- How to Fight The Skin Changes of Menopause May 17, 2016
- Ask Dr. Bailey: Six Tips For Safer Sun Exposure May 12, 2016
- Join Dr. Bailey’s Sun Protection Challenge and You Could Win! June 12, 2014
- It’s Time for Surgery January 5, 2014
- Breast Cancer Journey – Blessings and Thanksgiving November 26, 2013
- What’s the Best Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreen for Oily Skin? June 26, 2013
- Breast Cancer Journey – Today I Cried Tears of Joy! October 4, 2013
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Nose 'black dots' can happen from different causes...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Michael, The answer is yes and yes. Oil of a...
- Katia Colon: Hello Dr. Bailey, Thank you very much for your ...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Hello Linda, For liability reasons I have to say '...
- Cynthia Bailey, M.D.: Jenny this is absolutely brilliant! A nylon stocki...