Product Details: Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser (10% Glycolic acid and 2% Salicylic acid foaming cleanser)
This extremely strong 10% Glycolic Acid/2% Salicylic Acid foaming cleanser is the strongest acne
cleanser I recommend. Regular use removes oil and blackheads. It's ideal for tolerant skin that
can handle strong acne medicines. Please note, glycolic acid and salicylic acid can be irritating
to the skin. If irritation develops, discontinue use and contact a physician.
Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads, Extra Strength (medicated pads with 10% Glycolic Acid and 2% Salicylic Acid)
Tolerant skin benefits from a full 10% glycolic acid working in combination with
salicylic acid to really loosen blackheads. These medicated pads unclog pores, lifting
oil and debris to treat blackheads and prevent pimples and acne scars.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 10%, Extra Strength (alcohol and oil free 10% benzoyl peroxide cream)
The highest concentration of benzoyl peroxide available over the counter. Benzoyl
peroxide, in my opinion is the most effective topical acne product for killing the acne
causing bacteria p. acnes because the germ has become resistant to prescription topical
antibiotics. It also unclogs pores to treat blackheads.
Kit Instructions: Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength can be used to treat acne on all
areas of your skin where you have pimples and blackheads including your face, neck,
chest and back. Don't just spot treat pimples because Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength prevents new
breakouts before they occur, and preventing pimples is how you prevent acne scars!
Twice a day: wash with the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, rinse well
with warm water and then towel dry. Swab the skin with a Salicylic and Glycolic Acid
Acne Treatment Pad, Extra Strength and wait several seconds for the medicine to air dry.
Finish by applying a very thin layer of the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 10%,
Extra Strength. Additional medications, oil-free sunscreen, moisturizer, make-up or
other products may be applied after the cream.
Commonly Asked Questions:
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength with my
other skin care products?
Usually you can. You should always use OIL FREE products on acne prone skin. Oil free
moisturizers, sunscreens and makeup may be applied after the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne
Treatment Cream 10%, Extra Strength. Allow the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment
Cream 10%, Extra Strength to dry then apply your products.
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength with topical
medicines my doctor has prescribed for my acne?
Usually yes. Ask your prescribing doctor.
What do I do if my skin becomes dry or irritated while I am using the Ultimate
Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength?
Give your skin a short break. Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength is
strong. If your skin begins to feel dry, stop using the Kit and just wash with a mild
soap for a few days. When your skin feels normal again begin using the kit just once
a day for several weeks and then increase back to twice a day. If you still develop dry
skin, you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients. See below for trouble shooting
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength if I become pregnant?
No. The ingredients have not been tested on pregnant women and no one will ever be bold enough to test things on pregnant women. The good news is that acne often clears up when a woman is pregnant.
Can I use a wash cloth or buf puf with the cleanser?
Yes. I particularly like buf pufs since they help remove loose blackheads from clogged pores. Always make sure anything you wash your skin with is clean and dries between uses since they can harbor germs.
Tips For Success: Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
Trouble shooting and other things you should know when using the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
General recommendations for strong acne treatment products:
- Always start on the lowest concentration products if you think you may have sensitive skin (Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit). It is easier to work your way up in strength than to figure out why your skin has become dry.
- Never apply acne medicines to chapped, injured skin. This includes sunburns, windburns, or after procedures such as face peels, harsh facials, waxing, harsh facial masks etc.
- Some parts of the face may be more sensitive to these acne medicines than others. Use milder products on sensitive areas. For example, the cheek bone and jaw line are sensitive in some people, for others it is the cheek area along the sides of the nose.
- Do not use medicated acne products if you think you may be pregnant since they have not and never will be tested for safety in pregnant women and so we cannot assume that they are safe.
- Glycolic acid acne products can be irritating, but allergy is not typically an issue.
- If the treated skin becomes dry and scaly, use the products less frequently or use products with lower/milder concentrations of glycolic acid.
The benzoyl peroxide medicine in the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 10%, Extra Strength can and will bleach fabric! Do not apply it under colored clothing and do not wipe it on colored towels. It is also best to sleep with a white pillow case since it will bleach colored cases as well.
As with all medicine, some people can develop allergic reactions. This can occur to the benzoyl peroxide or the salicylic acid acne medicines. Allergic people develop a dry irritation with redness on the treated skin within several days after applying one of the medicines. The reaction occurs every time they use the medicine. Some dryness with the Kit is normal since the medicines are strong. To determine if dryness is due to allergic reaction or irritation, do the following 'use test':
- Stop using the Kit for several weeks. Wash your face with a mild soap and do not use any harsh products on the skin.
- When your skin feels normal, restart the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser and the Pads (they contain salicylic acid and glycolic acid) If you get dry and red with these, then you are most likely allergic to salicylic acid (glycolic acid can be irritating but people aren't usually allergic to it). If you are allergic to salicylic acid you may be able to tolerate benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid acne treatments that do not have salicylic acid in them.
- If you think you are allergic to the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 10%, Extra Strength, do a use test with it. As above, let your skin rest several weeks until it feels normal. Then restart the cream. Continue washing with a mild soap and applying the Cream after. If you again develop the dry irritation then you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide. You can probably tolerate the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser and the Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads, Extra Strength. Let your skin rest for several weeks then resume the Cleanser and the Pads.
Treated skin can also become scaly and dry due to irritation from the drying effect of the products.
Irritation can occur to these products due to the strong oil removing soaps, the oil removing ingredients in the pads or from the medicines themselves. To test if irritation is the reason your skin is dry and scaly, do the following test:
- Stop using all the medicated products until your skin returns to normal. To do this, use a mild soap to wash and apply a non-oil containing moisturizer.
- Once your skin has returned to normal, use the soap, pads and cream only once every other day, use the mild soap and moisturizer the other times you cleanse. If no dryness develops increase to once a day for all 3 products. If your skin remains free from dryness, you can use the 3 products twice a day IF your skin is not dry. If it ever becomes dry, for any reason, stop using the products until your skin normalizes, then resume again.
- If you are unable to tolerate the products every other day then stop using the pads since they are the most drying. Use the cleanser and cream every other day as above and advance to once a day then twice a day as tolerated. You may be able to tolerate the pads in your tough oily areas of the forehead and around the nose and mid chin. The cheeks and jaw line are often more sensitive.
Dr. Cynthia Bailey Wants You To Know: Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
There are many acne treatment products on the market making it difficult to choose. It helps to understand how acne medicines work; in general, they either kill the acne causing germs or unclog pores. Acne cleansers remove oil and dirt and may leave a layer of medication that stays on after washing. Astringents and medicated pads usually remove additional oil and leave behind medicine. Lotions, creams and solutions leave medicine on the skin.
The best acne products and acne medicines made today are a little irritating to most people's skin which is why I have a stronger kit for tolerant/normal skin (Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength) and a milder kit for sensitive skin (Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit). The best acne medications include glycolic acid and salicylic acid (which unclog pores), and benzoyl peroxide (which unclogs pores and kills acne causing germs). Higher concentrations of these acne medicines work better to treat pimples and blackheads and to prevent acne scars and my kits have the maximum strength of acne treatment medicines to clear acne fast. In treating thousands of acne patients I've found that Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength work better than most prescription acne medicines and all other over-the-counter treatments!
Please note, use of products with glycolic acid, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can irritate the skin. If irritation develops discontinue product use and consult a physician. Also, benzoyl peroxide can fade the color in fabric upon contact.
Product Ingredients: Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, 6.7 fl. oz.:
10% Glycolic acid and 2% Salicylic acid. Ingredients: Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract,
Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl
PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Red#40 (CI 16035),
Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine,
Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Zinc PCA. Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads, Extra Strength, 60 pads:
10% Glycolic Acid/2% Salicylic Acid. Ingredients: Acetone, Ammonium Hydroxide, Disodium
EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Imidazolidinyl Urea,
Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, SD Alcohol 40B (13% v/v). Active
Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%. Caution, this strong product can be irritating
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 10%, Extra Strength, 2 oz.:
10% benzoyl peroxide. Ingredients: Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethyl
Glycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate. Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 10%.
Caution, this strong product can be irritating to skin.